Monday, June 06, 2005

And the Dead Shall Rise

The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. The fact is that I have been too busy doing my job to actually write about it. In my silence, many events have passed that would have (I'm sure) enjoyed my commentary, but I'm not one to rehash the past, so I won't here.

One of the more interesting reasons that I haven't been blogging is that I acquired my first book for Vintage, so in addition to all of the marketing, advertising, and PR I've been doing, I'm knee-deep in the editorial process as well.

Now I can't give particulars about the book I bought (it's something of a "secret"), but I can tell you that it's something completely new for Vintage. It's based on a blog and might just be the first truly successful blog-to-book project thus far (seriously, for all the hype, no one gives a shit about the Washingtonienne). The book will likely go on-sale in February of 2006, but more details will be available this summer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to see you back...we were getting worried. great to hear that you are editing as well...geez vintage is making you work for your money!

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home